President Adama Barrow has pardoned seven convicted prisoners from the State Central Prison, Mile 2, the justice ministry said on Monday.
The ministry said Barrow exercised his powers of prerogative of mercy and pardoned the following convicted prisoners ahead of the Tuesday Eid prayer.
- Sulaiman Bah, Registration No. 102/17, Gambian
- Alieu Njie, Registration No. 200/17, Senegalese
- Fallou Ceesay, Registration No. 265/14, Senegalese
- Gibbrill Fall, Registration No. 233/15, Gambian
- Matarr Touray, Rdgistration No. 35/156, Gambian
- Matarr Sowe, Registration No. 06/18, Gambian
- Svein Agesandakar, Registration No. 408/12, Norwegian
It has been a customary practice for several leaders in the Muslim world to release prisoners on Eid.