Innovative Minds , a new Gambian-owned technology-driven start-up firm based in The Gambia with offices on Kairaba Avenue recently launched its first product dubbed Money Farm.
Money Farm is The Gambia’s first online crowdfunding platform built by Gambians based in The Gambia.
The CEO of Innovative Minds , Mr Modou NS Njie who recently launched the platform at head quarters of The Gambia Chamber of Commerce and Industry KERR JULA and attended by a cross section of stakeholders in the agriculture sector as well as some farmers explained the idea behind setting up MONEY FARM. There are so many farms across the country but farmers often face a daunting task in gaining access to financial input to help them scale their business. As a result they resort to subsistence farming just to have enough food to eat.
We empower the rural farmer in the form of providing access to improved resources (including farm inputs, education on satisfactory farming techniques,etc) to enhance the quality and quantity of their production and additionally provide a healthy income after harvest for both farmer and investor. We are a team of dedicated, young Gambians who have a passion for agriculture and farming (all forms) with diverse backgrounds.
Our common goal is to seek for ways to impact on rural farmers, contribute to the growth of food production, improve food security in The Gambia, and to ensure more youth participation in Agriculture.
- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- First you have to sign on to e-commerce-ready website to create your own customized Moneyfarm profile, you then choose a farm of desire to invest in. You invest in the farm, and at the end of the farm cycle stipulated, you’ll get hold of a percentage (40%) of the earnings after the sales of harvest and also your preliminary investment capital.
- How DO I PAY FOR A FARM?
- Click on the farm you want to invest in, pick out the range of farm gadgets you want to invest in and click on “Buy now” icon.
- You could be directed to another web page to “test out” your order and to agree to the phrases and situations stated.
- After that pick out the payment options such as Paypal, Visa/Mastercard, GTBank Mobile Money, EcoBank Mobile Money, QODOO, AfriMoney chose the bank transfer alternative which could require you to use your financial institution token to complete the transaction.
- How DO I BECOME AN INVESTOR?
- Visit our homepage and ‘Sign Up’, to create your specific Moneyfarm Profile with the aid of supplying all of the facts required. You can either join up with your electronic mail address or your Facebook account.
- – Go to our Farmshop and pick out any farm of preference (N.B. That is subject to availability)
- – Invest in a given number of Farm Unit(s)
- – Receive everyday feedback of all farm activities via our ‘Farm Updates’
- – At the end of the Harvest, the Farm Produce is sold and the Investor is paid a ‘Returns-after- Harvest’ .
For further details please visit www.moneyfarm.farm